This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Archived Projects » Kitalpha » ViewPoint keywords and parameter description (viewpoint creation capella studio)
icon4.gif  ViewPoint keywords and parameter description [message #1669] Wed, 01 November 2017 12:00 Go to next message
MaxGeorge is currently offline  MaxGeorge
Hello EveryOne,
I am new to capella and trying to create a new viewpoint. but I do not understand most of the keywords. I tried example Quality assessment and later comparing I understood what is Enumeration , E.Boolean . But is there any instruction manual explaining the difference between super-class and extends, Other forms similar to Enumeration like list , what is capellacore.NamedElement, refers and contains, extended diagram , container , how to define relation between attributes like Max Mass = Mass implies orange and What is meta class ?
Re: ViewPoint keywords and parameter description [message #2259 is a reply to message #1669] Tue, 31 July 2018 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunsetbleach.gmail.com is currently offline  sunsetbleach.gmail.com
Hello,
I have the same issue. I'm trying to understand the Mass viewpoint code.
Even if I get most of it, some details (which I believe to but crucials) don't make senses to me.

Data mass.data {
Class Mass {
Attributes:
value type ecore.EInt
maxValue type ecore.EInt
minValue type ecore.EInt
}

Class PartMass {
icon: "PartMass.gif"
extends cs.Part // Here we inherit from the cs.Part class, which happens to be a Capella object-->"A part is an owned property of a block"

superClass Mass // Here we define PartMass as being a subClass of Mass... so PartMass inherit from Mass??? But isn't PartMass inherited from cs.Part? Or is it a way to make Mass inherit from cs.Part class through PartMass?
Attributes:
currentMass type ecore.EInt transient: true
}

}

Even if I suppose that this code describe the fact that PartMass inherit the attribut of Mass, and that it is an extension of cs.Part (thus making it able to become an object "property" that belong to a block, this use of two "inheritance in the same decalartion of a class is a mystery to me.

Hope anyone could give me an answer, or even better, to point me on a document.

Thank you

[Updated on: Wed, 01 August 2018 02:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ViewPoint keywords and parameter description [message #2266 is a reply to message #2259] Thu, 02 August 2018 02:24 Go to previous message
sunsetbleach.gmail.com is currently offline  sunsetbleach.gmail.com
Ok, I just found this document (I had found it before, but I just didn't get the info. You really need to stumble on a difficulty to really get into the bottom of it)

https://wiki.polarsys.org/Capella/Viewpoints/Practice

Read the data section

To sum it up, extends keyword will make the object be nested in an existing object, while superClass keyword "just" describes the inheritance (it passes also all the attribut/method of the superClass of course)
Previous Topic: Kitalpha + Capella
Next Topic: Unable to fetch org.polarsys.kitalpha.ad.services_1.2.1.201805300816.jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 09 18:28:46 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01381 seconds