This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Capella » Capella Studio » Add a new menu item in Capella
Add a new menu item in Capella [message #262] Mon, 11 May 2015 04:02 Go to next message
helene.leguen.all4tec.net is currently offline  helene.leguen.all4tec.net
Hello,

I want to add a new action related to a point of view to export functions and functional exchanges in a specific format to be used in a third-party tool. This export should be possible at SA, LA or PA levels.
First of all, I'm not sure where is the best location to add this action:
-In the context menu of nodes SA, LA, PA in Explorer
-In the application menu
-In the export wizard
-Others

Are all these choices are possible?

Secondly, I don't know how to do it:
-Do I add a new element of the user interface in the ui.vptext file?
-How Connect this user interface element to the existing code cappella?
-How Link it to a java function?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Hélène
Re: Add a new menu item in Capella [message #269 is a reply to message #262] Tue, 12 May 2015 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boubekeur.zendagui@thales is currently offline  boubekeur.zendagui@thales
Hello Hélène,

You can add export action in the three locations you cited. It depends on your need and how you want this action will be used/appears in Capella.

Viewpoint DSL doesn't include any Acceleration/API to do this kind of contribution. So you can use Eclipse extension points like :
1- org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus with objectContribution to add a simple action that will be available for a given object.
2- Eclipse commands framework to add commands and use them from menus, toolbars, etc.
3- org.eclipse.ui.exportWizards to contribute to the Eclipse export wizard.

The ui.vptext file is used to define contributions to the Eclipse properties view. It is not intended to specify UI actions.

Regards,
Boubekeur.
Re: Add a new menu item in Capella [message #270 is a reply to message #269] Tue, 12 May 2015 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
helene.leguen.all4tec.net is currently offline  helene.leguen.all4tec.net
Hello Boubekeur,

OK, I'll create a new plugin to make the export.

Thank you,
Hélène

[Updated on: Tue, 12 May 2015 07:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Add a new menu item in Capella [message #271 is a reply to message #270] Tue, 12 May 2015 08:02 Go to previous message
boubekeur.zendagui@thales is currently offline  boubekeur.zendagui@thales
Hélène,

I advise you to to create your export action in the plugin *.rules.transformation, because exporting Functions and Functional Exchanges to another format is a transformation.

All rules plugins are generated in order to help viewpoint developers to organize their contributions. By doing so, You haven't to create a new feature for your plugin or to add it to an existing one. Viewpoint DSL will handle it automatically.

Regards,
Boubekeur.
Previous Topic: Troubles with Capella Studio Installation
Next Topic: Capella Studio new milestone available for download!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 04 09:28:51 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01652 seconds