This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Archived Projects » Kitalpha » Creates a new Target Application
Creates a new Target Application [message #580] Wed, 02 December 2015 11:03 Go to next message
labin78.hotmail.com is currently offline  labin78.hotmail.com
HI,

I would like to create my own Target Application. Capella Studio provides a Capella Target Application. I want to create my "Studio" and provide my Target Application. Can you give me a tutorial or a method for that ?

Thank you

Re: Creates a new Target Application [message #581 is a reply to message #580] Wed, 02 December 2015 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benoit.langlois.thalesgro is currently offline  benoit.langlois.thalesgro
Hello!

A presentation is available at this page : https://polarsys.org/wiki/Kitalpha/documentation
and more exactly here: https://polarsys.org/wiki/images/d/d9/Kitalpha-TargetApplica tion-1.0.0.pdf
I hope that it will help you.

Benoit
Re: Creates a new Target Application [message #582 is a reply to message #581] Thu, 03 December 2015 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you. It helps me.

The innterface ITargetApplication implementation in capella is available for have an exemple?

Is it important to define a specific target application ? Why capella defines a Target Application? Why don't use EMF ta ?

Thank you

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2015 05:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creates a new Target Application [message #583 is a reply to message #582] Thu, 03 December 2015 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christophe Gatti is currently offline  Christophe Gatti

Hi,

May you have a look at Capella Studio source code: http://git.polarsys.org/c/capella/capella-studio.git/
Target application is defined in CapellaTargetApplication class of org.polarsys.capella.ta plugin.

Regards,

Christophe.
Re: Creates a new Target Application [message #584 is a reply to message #583] Fri, 04 December 2015 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boubekeur.zendagui@thales is currently offline  boubekeur.zendagui@thales
Hi,

Capella defines a new Target application for the following reasons:
1- Capella has it own EMF generation
2- All generated Viewpoint EClasses inherit from NamedElement, which is a Capella ECLass
3- The UI generation is available only for Capella Target Application.
4- A Target application allows the injection of EClasses and Sirius Diagrams to be used in the text editors. So if you set the Target Application of your Viewpoint to EMF, you will not have access to Capella EClasses (in data.vptext) and to all Sirius Diagrams of Capella (in diagram.vptext)

I hope this explanations help you to understand Target Application concept.

Best regards,
Boubekeur.
Re: Creates a new Target Application [message #585 is a reply to message #584] Fri, 04 December 2015 09:13 Go to previous message
Thank you, its helps me. But, I think I will have many questions Smile

see you soon

Yann
Previous Topic: Unable to use Capella studio on Windows 64bits
Next Topic: Creates dropins folder in my product.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 29 23:37:25 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01040 seconds