This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Archived Projects » Kitalpha » import external model
import external model [message #586] Mon, 07 December 2015 03:06 Go to next message
labin78.hotmail.com is currently offline  labin78.hotmail.com
Hi,

I try to import my external model ecore from "Ns URI" in myviewpoint.data.
But the package isn't detected in my kitalpha environment.

What should i do ?

Thank you

Re: import external model [message #587 is a reply to message #586] Mon, 07 December 2015 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boubekeur.zendagui@thales is currently offline  boubekeur.zendagui@thales
Hi,

To import an ecore into data.vptext, it should be already imported in the spec.vptext by "uses model".

Example:
In spec.vptext
Viewpoint example {
name: "example"
uses model "platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore"
Data example.data
Configuration example.conf
}

In data.vptext:
import external "platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore"

Data example.data {

}

In general, a model/resource can be imported in an aspect text file only if it is visible. To make it visible, you can use one of the available "uses *" instructions

Regards,
Boubekeur.
Re: import external model [message #588 is a reply to message #587] Mon, 07 December 2015 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks.

I create my viewpoint (who extends my model.ecore) with EMF target application. I want use my viewpoint with my Eclipse application, but the option ViewPoint Manager in the windows preference doesn't appear. I recover the Kitalpha plugins that i add in my target platform, but the option doesn't appear.

How should i do ?
Thank you

Re: import external model [message #589 is a reply to message #588] Mon, 07 December 2015 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The Viewpoint manager is an Eclipse view. You can display it from the show view Eclipse menu.

The viewpoint Manager is a Kitalpha component. If you want it in your Eclipse Application, you should install "Kitalpha AD SDK Feature" by using the Kitalpha update sites.

In Hudson, you will find different SDK, you should use the one according to the version of Eclipse of your Application (e.g. Mars, Juno).

BTW, can we know the purpose of your Eclipse Application? So that we may provide you with better support.

Regards,
Boubekeur.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 December 2015 08:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: import external model [message #590 is a reply to message #589] Mon, 07 December 2015 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you,
I don't have a specific application. I try only to understand the functionnality.
I don't find a kepler version.

Regards.
Re: import external model [message #591 is a reply to message #590] Mon, 07 December 2015 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, now the ViewPoint Manager is OK. But it's always empty.

If the viewpoint is generated and added in the dropins folder, why he doesn't appear in the viewPointManager ?

I hope i ask not too questions Razz
Re: import external model [message #592 is a reply to message #591] Mon, 07 December 2015 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First of all, you are welcome Wink feel free to ask us all questions you have. We will answer you with pleasure Wink

The viewpoint should appear in the Viewpoint Manager. Could you please check:
- If there is a plugin which name ends with .af in your Dropins?
- If your Dropins folder structure is like:

+ MyViewpoint

+ eclipse

+ features

All Features

+ plugins

All plugins

Best regards,
Boubekeur.
Re: import external model [message #593 is a reply to message #592] Mon, 07 December 2015 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you.

there is the .af and the structure.
I made some tests:
- put my viewpoint in the dropins folder of myAppli: KO
- in the dropins folder of capella project : KO
- in the dropins folder of kitalpha: OK
(I built my viewpoint with EMF target on kitalpha).

Re: import external model [message #594 is a reply to message #593] Tue, 08 December 2015 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

when i build my application with my .product, there is error with plugins kitalpha.viewpoint.dsl.generation.conf.doc, kitalpha.emde.explorer.contextual and kitalpha.patterns.emde.gen. If i delete this plugins, then the viewpoint manager is displayed but it doesn't detect my viewpoint. Is this plugins important ?
Re: import external model [message #595 is a reply to message #594] Tue, 08 December 2015 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It looks like a problem of unresolved dependencies. Could you please give us the versions of Kitalpha and Capella you are using?

Did you installed in Capella the EMF plugin of the ecore you imported in data.vptext ?

Regards,
Boubekeur.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 December 2015 05:31]

Re: import external model [message #596 is a reply to message #595] Tue, 08 December 2015 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For my application : Eclipse Kepler

kitalpha_0.5.2
Capella: 0.8.0

I don't installed plugin of my ecore. (when i use my ecore, there is error : my EClass is not extensible).
Re: import external model [message #597 is a reply to message #596] Tue, 08 December 2015 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe my problem it's because the EMyClass is not extensible ? The following error is displayed when i generate my viewpoint : The EClass Component[myappli, http://myappli/V1.3/model.ecore] is not defined as extensible.
Extension defined by Toto in MonComponent viewpoint specification.

I must to use the EAnnotations ?

Thanks.
Re: import external model [message #598 is a reply to message #597] Wed, 09 December 2015 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.

I have found the problem. It's the configuration of folder "dropins". My viewpoint isn't detected in the bundle.info.
If I update manualy this file my viewpoint is detected.
Do you know how configure dropins folder ?

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 09 December 2015 08:31]

Re: import external model [message #607 is a reply to message #598] Tue, 15 December 2015 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

for Eclipse Kepler, which "Kitalpha AD SDK Feature" i must to install ?

Thanks
Re: import external model [message #611 is a reply to message #607] Thu, 17 December 2015 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Kitalpha is available with Eclipse Juno and Eclipse Mars. You can try the version built on the master. It is based on Eclipse Mars (Eclipse 4).

Regards.
Re: import external model [message #614 is a reply to message #611] Thu, 17 December 2015 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Ok.

Is The version built on the master on https://hudson.polarsys.org/kitalpha/view/Mars/job/Kitalpha_ SDK/ ?
Re: import external model [message #616 is a reply to message #614] Thu, 17 December 2015 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can use the Kitalpha 1.0.0-RC4 or the Last Successful Build which is the version under development.

Regards.
Re: import external model [message #632 is a reply to message #586] Mon, 04 January 2016 05:37 Go to previous message
Hi,

I tried to install the Kitalpha versions that you provided me in MARS.
The following message is displayed before the installation step (i can't install all plugin):
Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: EMDE diagrams generation (incubation) 1.0.0.v20151110-1129 (org.polarsys.kitalpha.representation.emde.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.v20151110-1129)
  Missing requirement: EMDE diagrams generation (incubation) 1.0.0.v20151110-1129 (org.polarsys.kitalpha.representation.emde.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.v20151110-1129) requires 'org.polarsys.kitalpha.emde.feature.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Regards
Previous Topic: viewpoint: model extension
Next Topic: problems with CDO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Feb 18 11:04:56 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02197 seconds