This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Archived Projects » Kitalpha » [vpdsl] .ecore/.genmodel in one project
[vpdsl] .ecore/.genmodel in one project [message #673] Mon, 18 January 2016 04:02 Go to next message
felix.dorner.gmail.com is currently offline  felix.dorner.gmail.com
Hello,

I am using vpdsl to define an extension for Capella. When I generate the viewpoint from my vpdsl project, this actually creates two plugins:

my.model which contains only the .ecore model
my.model.model contains the .genmodel and the generated java code.

Is it possible to configure the viewpoint generation so that only the my.model project is created and .ecore, .genmodel and generated java code are all in this project?

Thanks,
Felix
Re: [vpdsl] .ecore/.genmodel in one project [message #674 is a reply to message #673] Mon, 18 January 2016 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas.guiu.soyatec.com is currently offline  thomas.guiu.soyatec.com
Hi FĂ©lix,

We recommend that users split ecore file from generated ones. The main reason is to allow an easy CDO enhancement. In this case you'll need a new genmodel ant a new set of model classes.
With the proposed project layout, both implementations can live side by side.

To answer your question, there is no easy way to achieve this purpose.

Thomas
Re: [vpdsl] .ecore/.genmodel in one project [message #675 is a reply to message #674] Tue, 19 January 2016 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boubekeur.zendagui@thales is currently offline  boubekeur.zendagui@thales
Hi Felix,

You can't do that from your vpdsl project.

There is a workaround to generate the ecore model in one plugin and the genmodel and EMF APIs in an other plugin.

Steps:
1- Generating the Viewpoint
2- In the generated Genmodel: modifying the Edit and Editor plugins IDs and source folders attributes in order to use the plugin containing the Genmodel.
3- Generating the Viewpoint many times.

The next viewpoint generations will always use the available genmodel (the one you generated and modified)

Regards,
Boubekeur.
Re: [vpdsl] .ecore/.genmodel in one project [message #684 is a reply to message #673] Thu, 28 January 2016 04:04 Go to previous message
felix.dorner.gmail.com is currently offline  felix.dorner.gmail.com
Thanks, nice workaround Smile
Previous Topic: problems with CDO
Next Topic: Questions about viewpoints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Feb 28 17:10:28 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01652 seconds