This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Archived Projects » Kitalpha » Using an XML file in a viewpoint
Using an XML file in a viewpoint [message #766] Wed, 06 April 2016 10:10 Go to next message
Matthieu Durot is currently offline  Matthieu Durot
Hello,

I installed the XML pivot add-on in Capella and I'm trying to use an XML file generated with this add-on in a viewpoint or anything else (I don't know what is more suitable for this problem).

I did some testing in Java to parse and operate an XML file using JDOM but I don't know how/where to do this in Capella Studio...

If anyone would ever try to do this kind of things his opinion interests me.

Regards,

Matthieu Durot

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2016 10:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using an XML file in a viewpoint [message #768 is a reply to message #766] Thu, 07 April 2016 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
felix.dorner.gmail.com is currently offline  felix.dorner.gmail.com
I wonder why you need to use xmlpivot? What are you trying to acomplish? Is there a reason you cannot use the original capella model to solve your problem?

If you are really interested in the pivot model: When you export a part of your model with XML Pivot, at the end of the export operation, a popup will ask whether you would like to view the result in an editor. The entry point to this code is here.

Felix
Re: Using an XML file in a viewpoint [message #770 is a reply to message #768] Thu, 07 April 2016 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joao Barata is currently offline  Joao Barata
Actually, the code is now here.

(the add-ons have been moved to separated repositories recently)
Re: Using an XML file in a viewpoint [message #771 is a reply to message #768] Thu, 07 April 2016 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthieu Durot is currently offline  Matthieu Durot
First of all, thank you guys for your quick responses.

@felix
I want to use XML pivot to do some queries like 'which component belongs to a certain functional chain' on the generated XML file.

I've made some tests with XQuery queries using BaseX but I would like to implement a small query system directly in capella studio.

Maybe creating a viewpoint is not the best solution for this.

Should I rather create a Capella Extension Project ?
Re: Using an XML file in a viewpoint [message #772 is a reply to message #770] Thu, 07 April 2016 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jean.barata.thalesgroup.c wrote on Thu, 07 April 2016 03:14
Actually, the code is now here.

(the add-ons have been moved to separated repositories recently)

Good to know. Maybe delete the old ones?
Re: Using an XML file in a viewpoint [message #776 is a reply to message #771] Mon, 11 April 2016 03:15 Go to previous message
Salut Matthieu,

I think XML Pivot was created to simplify the XML serialisation for capella models. The only point where exploiting this would be of use were when someone cannot/does not want to use the API provided by Capella/EMF (EMF is the core technology behind capella models), but must use raw xml processing tools. An example would be if somebody uses a different technology stack without Java (because EMF is Java based)

Now, if you are already planning to embed a query-like tool into Capella (or Capella Studio), then I see no point of using XML Pivot at all. You can simply operate on the Capella model directly.

Felix
Previous Topic: [vpdsl] Enumeration type names
Next Topic: Kitalpha and Grammar extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Feb 28 16:31:13 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01604 seconds