This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Capella » Arcadia » Define Missions in Operational Analysis
Define Missions in Operational Analysis [message #1756] Mon, 18 December 2017 10:01 Go to next message
xurenfei.glaway.com is currently offline  xurenfei.glaway.com
Hi,

I'm reading the book "Model based system and architecture engineering with the arcadia method" written by Jean-Luc Voirin these days. I'm confused by the "mission" concept in Operational Analysis.
In chapter 5.2 "Define missions and required operational capabilities", "mission" and "capability" is defined and carefully explained, which is very sound. But in Capella, there is no "mission" in OA. Actually "mission" appears in SA. So, did I miss something ?

Thanks for any reply.
Re: Define Missions in Operational Analysis [message #1760 is a reply to message #1756] Tue, 19 December 2017 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Bonnet is currently offline  Stephane Bonnet
Hi,

No you did not miss anything. Unfortunately at this stage, the Mission concept is still not implemented in the Operational Analysis perspective of Capella. This is one of the few things that are not -- yet -- available. The other one is the concept of Functional Path (useful in Logical and Physical Architectures).

The reason why it is not in Capella is simply a matter of priorization. Very few of our users have expressed a strong need to have this concept covered rapidly. Therefore, it keep on being postponed Sad

Re: Define Missions in Operational Analysis [message #1765 is a reply to message #1760] Tue, 19 December 2017 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xurenfei.glaway.com is currently offline  xurenfei.glaway.com
OK, I see. Thanks.
Re: Define Missions in Operational Analysis [message #3760 is a reply to message #1765] Mon, 09 December 2019 10:13 Go to previous message
Barry Allen
Hello everyone,

Sorry to bring this topic back from the grave, but since Stéphane explained (2 years ago!) that there are too few requests for this feature to be implemented, I would like to highlight the fact that I, too, am eagerly waiting for Operational Missions!

Best regards,
Charles
Previous Topic: Camera System Example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 04 00:45:23 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01633 seconds