This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Archived Projects » Kitalpha » [vpdsl] Specify Type Parameters
[vpdsl] Specify Type Parameters [message #738] Wed, 16 March 2016 04:17 Go to next message
felix.dorner.gmail.com is currently offline  felix.dorner.gmail.com
Hi,

I would like to describe an EOperation that needs a parameter like this:

EOperation test(Predicate<? extends LogicalFunction>)

Is this possible with vpdsl? If not, can I update the generated .ecore model by hand and the VPDSL engine will not delete such modifications when I regenerate the model?

Thanks,
Felix
Re: [vpdsl] Specify Type Parameters [message #740 is a reply to message #738] Wed, 16 March 2016 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boubekeur.zendagui@thales is currently offline  boubekeur.zendagui@thales
Hi Felix,

Can you give us more information about your first question please. Would you like to use a Generic? A new EDataType? Regardless your usage, you can import an available Ecore model in your data.vptext and use it's content.

Of course you can modify by hand your Ecore model and disable it's generation in the *.conf.vptext by setting the value of "OverwriteEcore" to false.

The picture bellow shows all available generation options related to the Ecore model and EMF APIs generations.

index.php/fa/200/0/

Regards,
Boubekeur Zendagui.
Re: [vpdsl] Specify Type Parameters [message #743 is a reply to message #740] Thu, 17 March 2016 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, yes, I mean generics, something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/CMUJCbJ.png

[Updated on: Thu, 17 March 2016 04:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [vpdsl] Specify Type Parameters [message #765 is a reply to message #743] Wed, 06 April 2016 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boubekeur.zendagui@thales is currently offline  boubekeur.zendagui@thales
Hi Felix,

Generics are not supported by the actual version. Did you tried to use import of external ecore models ?

Regards,
Boubekeur Zendagui.
Re: [vpdsl] Specify Type Parameters [message #767 is a reply to message #765] Thu, 07 April 2016 02:55 Go to previous message
Ok. Yes, I can of course import an external model that contains parametrized types. But that does not help when I want to reuse such a type with a bound type parameter as in the screenshot above. What I do now is to set overwriteEcore to false, an maintain the .ecore and the vptext files separately and that's a pita. Is it somehow possible to configure my vpdsl project to not use a data text file, but reference the .ecore file directly somehow?

Previous Topic: Update definition in a transposer rule
Next Topic: [vpdsl] Enumeration type names
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 12 02:13:22 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01061 seconds