This service is archived, please use www.eclipse.org/forums

Home » Capella » Capella Studio » Is there a way to automate operations in Capella by using scripts? (Capella automate operation)
Is there a way to automate operations in Capella by using scripts? [message #3061] Mon, 08 April 2019 11:46 Go to next message
alex_jim_green.yeah.net is currently offline  alex_jim_green.yeah.net
Greetings, everyone. I am wondering if there is a built-in script engine for Capella? something like VBA for Excel. Specifically, I have the following needs:

We are now modeling an electric car by using Team for Capella, there are about 20 more sub-systems in this project. I am the PM, and I use the Progressing Monitoring functionality to generate project weekly reports, this functionality is wonderful since it gives detailed statistics. The problem is that everytime I want to update the report, I have to click and open every models -> right click -> Progressing Monitoring -> Metrics -> Export as CSV, Is there a way by using a script to automate these operations?
Re: Is there a way to automate operations in Capella by using scripts? [message #3062 is a reply to message #3061] Tue, 09 April 2019 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pinsonneau is currently offline  Aurélien Pinsonneau
Hello,

It is possible to execute command lines for Capella.
You can find information on this in the embedded help: Help / Help Contents, then Capella Guide / User Manual / Command Line Support.

Command lines can be executed from a .bat file. If you use Team for Capella, you have a Jenkins for administration of the server.
You can use this Jenkins in order to periodically execute the command lines (e.g. update your weekly reports daily).

So far, the progress monitor is not supported by command lines.
It would need a bit of Java programming in order to support this, but it could greatly help you!
Re: Is there a way to automate operations in Capella by using scripts? [message #3064 is a reply to message #3061] Tue, 09 April 2019 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
felix.dorner.gmail.com is currently offline  felix.dorner.gmail.com
Hi, maybe you want to try out Groovy for Capella. It allows you to execute groovy scripts inside the Capella runtime. There are many potential uses for it, yours might be a fit. Here are some more basic examples:

https://git.polarsys.org/c/capella/capella-tools.git/tree/pl ugins/org.polarsys.capella.groovy.ui/examples/capella.groovy .example/src/capella/groovy/example

You can download builds for Capella 1.3 here. https://hudson.polarsys.org/capella/job/capella-tools-master /
Once installed, you can create the example project via New->Other->Groovy->Capella Groovy Example Project

Note that this project doesn't follow any defined release cycle. I fix things as they come up, given I have time (usually I have no time...).

Feel free to ask more specific questions if you need to Smile
Felix
Re: Is there a way to automate operations in Capella by using scripts? [message #3066 is a reply to message #3061] Wed, 10 April 2019 02:58 Go to previous message
samuel.rochet.obeo.fr is currently offline  samuel.rochet.obeo.fr
Hi,

Yes, scripting should allow you to do this on your own.

Note, if the need is recurrent or complex to maintain, we can also consider to improve the progress monitoring feature in a future release.
Previous Topic: Automatic diagrams creation and objects deployment
Next Topic: Image quality for HTML Export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 30 17:52:19 EST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01642 seconds